Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Wild Night



Sammie was in a dance recital last night. It was a Halloween show. There were about 15 or so dance numbers, a bunch of skits and a professional magician. It is put on by my studio every year. Sammie is taking Hip Hop classes this year and she rocks at it! I think Hip Hop is totally her genre. She wore a cool skeleton costume and they used black lights so it looked really cool. I only got to watch her dance from the wings but from what I could see she did awesome! I got to watch her rehearsal and I know she did great in those.

I had two of my classes perform last night, both preschool. They did really great. I was very proud of them. I need to get them to smile more though.

One Wild Night is an understatement for my night last night. I was backstage trying to keep the kids from tearing down the school while they weren't dancing. I had a billion kids back there and only 3 people! It was awful! I did have things planned to keep them entertained but my help ditched as soon as the show started. As always, Sammie was a huge help. She helped glue the little witch craft together for the little ones and read stories to them and kept them from escaping the room. It was all very stressful. Consequently, I could not sleep last night. I had the stupid preschool songs going in my head all night and couldn't shut them up! I woke up this morning with a huge migraine. I took some Tylenol and that didn't help. It has been with me all day and hopefully I can kick it to the curb soon cause it's making me crazy!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Hope you get feeling better soon! Love You Lots! Hugs :)

Christina said...

Sounds like a crazy night! It is nights like that when I wish I had an on/off switch to turn off the preschool songs and get some sleep. Hope things are all better and the preschool songs are a thing of the past.

Phyllis said...

I would have loved to have been there! Sorry I missed it. Next time let me know. I hope you feel better tonight. You are amazing! All that you do. I'm so proud of you, Sammie. You'll have to do your dance for us when we see you, ok? I love you all, and miss you.