Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's A Boy!

What an exciting (and surprising) day. I got to have another ultrasound of the baby and guess what? It's a Boy! I didn't think I would be shocked but I was. This pregnancy doesn't feel much different than the other two except I am a little less sick. But still sick enough. The ultrasound also showed that the placenta is covering the cervix which means I will have to have a c-section if it doesn't move. I will get another ultrasound at 28 weeks and I am sure everything will turn out fine then.



I am really nervous to have a boy. I do girls just great. I know about girls. I like girls. I am nervous that the little guy will see that I don't have a clue what I am doing and not like me. J.W. keeps telling me boys are easy, just keep them away from sharp things and explosives. I am excited for J.W. He won't be totally outnumbered now. I do hear really great things about boys so that is very encouraging. And I have some really cool nephews.



I am really happy about getting to decorate an aviation bedroom. I picked out a really cool crib bedding set I am hoping to win on ebay. It is navy blue and maroon with airplanes of course.



I am totally panicked about the autism epidemic. It occurs in boys way more than girls. Why can't they just figure out the cause already?



Here is a picture from the ultrasound. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page you can see a ticker of how big he is now and how much longer I have to be pregnant.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

How exciting :) Congrats!! Another precious addition on it's way to the Spilker's home! Love You all lots! Keep us posted!

Mike and Jen Mills said...

Boys ROCK! Girls are fun too, but you need to try the other half. JW is right, boys are much easier, so far anyway, less emotional and easier to distract from what I don't want them doing. Did you know when I saw you this summer that you were expecting? When are you due? I will forgive this lack sharing information due to your PC malfunction, but a phone call works too! I am so excited for you. Keep me posted (and I will watch the blog).
Love, Jenni Mills

Ellis & Felicia Kehrer said...

Hey Sarah, probably a week or two before you have the little guy, Ellis and I will be getting home. How exciting, Ellis says I need to learn the tricks for getting pregnant with a boy. We are going to try for a little one when we get home. He says he needs a boy, because he already has 2 daughters.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you. You will do great with a boy. Our youngest boy just turned 1 on Aug. 24 and is doing great. Michael is so happy to have a little brother. I told him to just wait until he is 3 and you are 12 and your room is a mess with his toys and you won't be as happy. He will them learn why Darian is always upset with her sisters for distoying her room and not cleaning up after themselves. Congrats Pauli

annisa said...

Oh Boy!! I am so excited for your little family. You will be a great mom to a boy! Congratulations!