Saturday, September 6, 2008

Reading

Since I have had a couple weeks of work I have gotten back into reading. Two books were totally a bomb! One of them was Housekeeping. I picked it up at the library from the Staff Recommends display and the other one was The Waiting Time. What a bunch of depressing books! I decided I am not going to waste my time taking chances on books and only read highly recommend eds.
I know some of you are just going to die when you read this but guess what? I read Twilight. Yep! If you don't know I have a huge ridiculously insane paranoia of The V's. I can't even say their name without my heart hiding in my stomach. I have heard this book series was really great and wanted to read it but somehow I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I reserved the book at the Library a couple times but chickened out and didn't actually check it out when it came in. I was hoping to use this as some kind of therapy to get over this. Well, once the book was in my hands I didn't have a problem reading it. I had nightmares the first night and I will not read the book at night but the V's in this book are so different than the ones that terrify my dreams that it really seems like two separate things. Book two - New Moon - I balled my eyes out! Seriously, I couldn't stop crying for like three hours! Good books. I am looking forward to finishing the series.
Which brings me to Good Reads. Hey everyone who reads this PLEASE Please Please (I'm still waiting DAD) sign up at www.goodreads.com. It's a really cool online book club.

5 comments:

annisa said...

Hi Sarah! I love your blog. Your family is so sweet! It's fun to see what is going on with you!

Christina said...

I am with you on the book thing. Some of them are just plain boring or bad. If I may suggest a series of books by Betsy Brannon Green. The first one is "Hearts in Hiding". They are LDS, murder, mystery, romance all rolled in one, type novels. They are based in Eastern USA and at the end of some of the books there are recipes that they talk about in the book, kind of fun. There are about 8 of them and I think they are best when read in order but you don't have to. Your library should have them, ours does. Good luck with your reading!

Shauna said...

I have read all the Twilight books and love them! Yes I hope everyone joins goodreads.com I have really enjoyed it :)

Anonymous said...

Hey check out this HBO spoof on their new Vampire series.
Infocus Vampires in America

Anonymous said...

Infocus part 2