Sunday, October 25, 2009

Luke is getting so BIG!

I cannot even believe it has been 8 months since Luke was born! Crazy how time flies. Luke is so much fun. He is learning to crawl. He hasn't quite figures out how to keep his tummy off the ground but he is doing the army crawl and is incredibly fast! Sometimes I set him down and come back in just a minute and he is halfway across the room!

He is a good eater. He likes baby food, unlike the girls. He is a horrible sleeper! He still is waking up 3-4-5 times every night! And just these past two weeks has really fought going down for naps. He will go right to sleep at night when I put him in his cradle and I don't have to hold him for him to nap like I did with Felicity so it isn't quite as hard, but still, I stink at getting babies to sleep well. I checked out 5 books at the library and they all said let them cry it out or just live with it. Well, there is no way I can let him cry and cry and cry until he makes himself sick. I think that is just bad parenting and I'm not gonna do it. I guess I have to live with it.

Luke loves to play with things. He checks out everything and always has to have a toy or a watch or something to play with. He definitely has my tempermant. He will be perfectly fine for a really long time, longer than you would expect, and then...crash. When he has had it, he's had it. And you better get him what he needs now! Other than that, he is a really happy baby! He is so easy to make laugh. The quickest way is to toss him in the air! When he is sleepy, he can't decide whether to laugh or cry so it comes out as a sad laugh. You have to hear it to get what I'm talking about.

We all adore our Lukey Boy!

6 comments:

Christina said...

I love reading about your little family. That is cool that Sammie loves school and is doing so well. I love preschool,it is a great intro to Kindgarten.
We were in your neck of the woods a week ago, but it was such a quick trip. Next time maybe we can stay longer and come and visit!

Julie said...

He's adorable! Just wish we saw him more! Why don't our paths cross more?

Cyndee said...

Cemree had me trained to feed her every 2 hours all night long. It didn't start out that way. She was sleeping 5-7 hours initially. Sleep cycles run every 2 hours then she would stir, it would wake me up, I was so exahsted I would just feed her to get her back to sleep, and hence the cycle began.
This went on until last week when I finally had Cody move her crib out of our room, and I turned off the monitor so I didn't hear her stir (I can still hear her cry, just not squeak and protest). The first night she woke up twice. The second night she slept 8 hours!! Now she wakes up 1-2 times a night instead of every 2 hours all night long.
I don't know if this will help you, but it is amazing the difference for us and how much better I feel with some rest!

Accalia said...

The sleeping thing is hard. We tried the "let them cry it out, but DO NOT go in" on Hyrum until he actually threw up. We felt awful and abandoned that method on the spot! Good luck, though. It's so hard!

Aapree said...

He sounds so cute! Post a picture! Sorry about the sleeping thing! That sounds really hard. I'm not a "cry it out" fan either. I can't stand it when there is something I can do about it! Good luck with it! And tell Sammie, I'm so proud of her that she's doing so well in school. Yeah Sammie! And yeah to Felicity too! :)

Shauna said...

He is such a Cutie! You won the Dress Me Monkey on my Blog come see! Hope you have a blessed and very Happy Thanksgiving :) Love and miss you all lots! ♥ HUGS ♥