Monday, August 17, 2009

Still Kickin'

Okay, this is officially the longest break in blogging I have taken. Life has been crazy busy but really good. It would take me a year to blog all the stuff we've done this summer so I'm just gonna list a few.

  • Finish landscaping the steep back yard hill (for the second time, long story for another post) and the rock walls. Thanks P's for your help!
  • Lagoon!
  • Sammie's "Camp Out" Birthday party
  • Work, work, work, work, + Princess Camp Work
  • Quick trip to St. George for an Ivins Friends Reuinion
  • A spoiled birthday with a new MP3 player and a new Digital Camera!
  • Bountiful Summer Fest International
  • Tons of other workin on the house and yard stuff I can't think of right now.

Have you ever heard that song "I was too busy being in Love" by Doug Stone? That's how my life feels right now. I have a ton of sewing projects, decorating, catchin' up on friends blogs to do but just too busy havin fun with my kids and sweet hubby. Remember how much I just LOVE being pregnant? Well, being a mom is a million times more rewarding than being pregnant was awful (does that make any sense). Anyway, what I am trying to say is I love being a mom. I love my girls and Luke. Luke is so much fun. I just enjoy every single second of it. Even when he will hardly eat during the day and then wake up EVERY 2 hours and 5 minutes during the night and must nurse for 15-20 minutes. I'm not getting much sleep but that is okay. I kinda miss him when I am sleeping anyway. He and Felicity are napping right now unusually early and together, doesn't happen often. Which gives me just a few minutes to blog. I'll make some time to detail some summer events and especially little Lukey growin' up soon. Until then........

If i had taken the timeTo write down a few lines

Everytime that you crossed this heart of mine

I'd put them all in a book

How much time would that have took

The words and years have a way of slipping back

Oh no! Too bad, there goes the chance that i had

I could have written a play so sweet and so funny

Given old Mr. Shakespere a run for his money

Written the words to the prettiest tuneT

hat would never leave a dry eye in the room

My only excuse for not doing enoughI was too busy being in love

Yes I was too busy being in love

Brand new phrases appear everytime you are near

All this words you inspire after all these years

But i never reached for a pen

Break the mood that im in

Before I knew that the words were gone again

Oh no! Too bad, there goes the chance that i had

I could have written a play so sweet and so funny

Given old Mr. Shakespere a run for his money

Written the words to the prettiest tune

That would never leave a dry eye in the room

My only excuse for not doing enoughI was too busy being in love

Yes I was too busy being in love

I could have written the poem to make younglovers crazy

I could have written the movie for Hepburn and Tracey

Most beautiful song and it starts with your name

Written my way into fortune and fame

But i have no regrets for not doing enough

I was too busy being in love

Yes i was too busy being in love

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Thank you for making my summer brighter. I loved the Bountiful Folkdancing Festival. I'm so glad I had the opportunity of coming up. You are a wonderful mother. My beautiful little grandchildren are so lucky to have you for their mother. And your yard is absolutely GORGEOUS! You've worked really hard on it. Love you all.

Christina said...

Hey, I posted the Vertical Lasagna Reciped today for you!

It sounds like you have had a busy summer. I love summer, school starts too soon in my book!

Julie said...

sooooo understand. Still, I DO love peekin' in on your life... so if you could post more... j/k :)