Friday, April 25, 2008

WHACK! Sammie's New 'Do




So J.W. came to me Monday when I got home from work and said "Sammie needs to talk to you, it's a girl thing". Oh great, I thought. Wassup? Trouble with friends? Well, Sammie took a deep breath and sat me down and said "Mom, I want to cut my hair". That was schocking! I said okay, well just think about it for a little while and if you still want to you can cut it. I could tell it was the only thing on her mind at all when she went to bed that night and the next morning that is all she could talk about. When she got home from school on Tuesday she begged and begged and really begged to go to the salon. Here are some pictures ......


I'm gonna miss that long, beautiful, silky, shiny hair. Except the tangles in the morning. I really think it looks super cute. Sammie loves it. It will much better for swimming and washing her own hair and brushing her own hair which was all but impossible before. She insists on donating her hair to Locks of Love for cancer patients although I begged her to let me keep it and make a hair piece from it. The total length cut off turned out to be 15"!

0 comments: